Monday, November 30, 2009

30 Days of Thankfulness: Wrap Up

Over the holiday weekend, I have continued to reflect on the things I am thankful for. I think I am due for 6 more to make it an even 30.

1. I am thankful that Craig has a job. And, not just work, it is one that he loves. I have heard of so many losing their employment these past few days, it makes me really reflect at how blessed we are for his steady work.

2. I am thankful for healthy kids. Again, there are several children we know battling cancer and other unknown diseases. I am praying for a little girl from church who is yet to be diagnosed, but is suffering and in pain. I am so thankful for my own children's good health.

3. I am thankful for my siblings....my two older sisters and my younger brother. I look up to my sister's so much as wives and mothers. Being 7 and 6 years older than myself they paved the way, and taught me about hair and make-up. We are each busy with our own families, but I know we truly care about each other and love each other. I had some time to chat with my little brother over the weekend as well, and we shared some good laughs. It was fun to connect a little more than we normally have the opportunity to, and I am so thankful for him as well.

4. I am thankful that my kids have cousins! They are blessed with 12, so far.

5. I am thankful for my mommy van. It is old, the doors stick and the locks are funky, but God provides. 4 years ago we became a family of 5 and I was still driving the old Camry my parents had given us. We had to squish the three kids into the back seat, and I remember praying for this van. It is a simple, but huge, answer to prayer. God knew what we needed.

6. I am MOST THANKFUL for the gift of salvation. These past few weeks we have been practicing with the children at church for our Christmas program, and as we kick off the Christmas season, I am reminded even more how amazing God's grace is. I fail time and time again, yet still there is forgiveness and I am washed clean every day. I watch the little children practicing for their program and I am blessed by the small opportunity we have to give back to the Lord, in sharing our talent and the good news with others.

6 comments:

KLB said...

Thank you for sharing. Reading what others are Thankful for remind me of the blessings in my life as well.

Aly sun said...

I love thankful lists. It tells so much about you and your great life. I remember when I first met you guys you were driving the little car. I was amazed you could squish 3 car seats into it. Now we are both proud owners of mom-mobiles. I have to admit, I am really thankful for mine too!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

amen and amen to #'s one through six.

Cooking with Big E said...

I've enjoyed reading your Thankful Lists :) I'm definitely thankful for my van too. Especially now that the squealing brakes are fixed so I don't cringe every time I take a right turn!

Elaine said...

It was fun to read your thankful list this month. Thanks for sharing.
I also loved our minivan...but now it is too tight. :) I am thankful we still had our suburban!

handfull of johnsons said...

I am thankful for YOU!! I miss being next door. Especially right now. I would have shopped with you on black Friday, I would have ran across the street and cried with you when I got my fingerprints, and we'd be doing Christmas crafts and drinking coffee right now. Sometimes it just helps to do it in my head and know that in Heaven we'll be neighbors again. I love you!