Friday, November 20, 2009

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 19 & 20

I am thankful for this sweet boy.....
And for this season in my life!
I got to have lunch with Will on Thursday and then Anna and I stayed and watched his class do their readers theater play about the pilgrims. Everything I get to experience with Will is new, and a first for me. Sometimes I find myself wishing for the past, or wondering about the future, but Thursday was a reminder to me to just enjoy the present. Will is at such a fun age and grade....he is easy to talk to, he knows and understands probably a lot more than I give him credit for. He is asking questions about things like heaven, and divorce, and I find myself having to stop and really consider my answers....how much info to give, and how to explain things.
Will is a thinker, a planner, he likes routine and stability. He is a true guardian of his younger siblings, and he is very sensitive to others feelings. When I think about the fact that I have already parented Will 1/2 way through his years at home, it makes me even more determined to enjoy the moment. I am so very thankful and blessed to be his mom.
So, I'll leave you with a quote from this summer, I just found in a journal of mine:
Will- Mom, I've been thinking that when I get older I want to play on worship team, like Daddy.
Me- that would be cool, bud
Will- ya....'cause I've been thinking a lot about my future and stuff.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Will is such a great person. Anyone who gets to be a part of his life is going to be blessed.