Tuesday, November 17, 2009

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 14 & 15

I am so thankful for our schools. Perhaps I am biased, but I think they are great! The boys have adjusted to a new school this year, and although they miss being at daddy's school, I am so thankful they both have amazing TEACHERS! One of my favorite parts of the day is about 2:16pm when the boys burst through the front door and I get to hear about their day. We work on homework right away, and I get to be the follow up teacher for a few minutes. Right now Will is working on a readers theater, and he just finished a unit on "people in motion" where he diagrammed a swimmer. Wyatt is a little 1st grade sponge soaking in definitions of words, math facts, and reading books all the time. I get so excited hearing about all the fun things they are doing and learning. Their teachers put forth so much effort to make their learning experience the best!

I am also so thankful to be able to VOLUNTEER in their classrooms. It truly is a highlight of my day. It is so fun to see them in action and I gain so much respect for all teachers every time I visit.

Perhaps in my other life I was meant to be a teacher.....I don't know.....maybe a nurse?

No comments: