Friday, November 13, 2009

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 6 & 7

COFFEE

Today I splurged on my first candy cane mocha of the season, and boy was it yummy. There are times I go to bed at night thinking how lucky I will be to have coffee in the morning.


(ps--do you like my "coffee cozies" --my kids named them that, and I think it's pretty good name--I found directions to make them HERE. Somehow they just make the candy cane mocha seem even more fun to drink. If that is possible)

Speaking of coffee, did you know I didn't start drinking coffee regularly til this guy came into my life?

Something about having two kids "drove me to drink", so to speak.



Today I am also thankful for my Wy-boy. It is safe to say that as Wyatt grew and became mobile, he turned my world upside down and I found myself seeking the Lord for wisdom more than I ever had before. There were times when I even questioned my ability to parent this, crazy, active little boy. God has taught me so much about myself, as I've had the opportunity to be Wyatt's mom. I still lose it as a parent, regularly. But, I can also honestly see how far we BOTH have come. Wyatt is a joy and is soo, sooo, funny. He makes me laugh EVERY DAY! But he also has a very sensitive side. He wants to be a missionary when he grown up, and has been saying that for several months now. Even his Sunday school teacher came up to me the other day and said, "did you know Wyatt, really wants to be a missionary when he grows up?" I see God's promises being fulfilled in Wyatt's life, and for that I am so thankful.



So, coffee and Wyatt. Just think, without, Wyatt, I might never have had the need for coffee, and without coffee, I might never have gotten through those early years with my Wyatt ! :)




4 comments:

Cooking with Big E said...

I didn't start drinking coffee until after I had Grace. Before that I was a tea girl all the way! I switched to decaff when I was pregnant with Ethan and realized I liked it better then regular so I've stuck with it. Something about the smell/taste makes me happy. The caffeine isn't what does the trick for me!

Michelle said...

Those coffee cozies are darling! I might just have to make some of those for Christmas gifts! I love the ones you made.

Christi said...

I love the back and forth connection between Wyatt and coffee. It's going to be so incredible to see what that boy does for God now and in the future!

Maddy said...

Your coffee cozies are adorable! You could totally sell those on Etsy!