Friday, March 21, 2008

Seven years

Dear Will,

Seven years ago today we made our way to the hospital. A quick ultrasound confirmed that you indeed were still snug as a bug in your jack-knife position. As the doctor pulled you out, bunners first, via c-section around 10AM Daddy and I officially became parents. Being our first, you were our guinea pig in many ways, and I learned a lot. You were my greatest teacher and have filled my days with joy.

Now, 7 years later, you have grown up so much, I haven't really noticed, being your mom, and seeing you every day, but as I type out s-e-v-e-n, I am shocked at how that time flew by. Today you are very much a perfectionist and oh so determined (like your daddy). You love books and tend to get easily overwhelmed (like your mommy). You are very sensitive to other people's feelings and always try to make everyone feel good. You take your time at sharing your feelings. You take your time with everything. You are patient with your younger siblings and such a loving big brother. You still give me a hug and a kiss every morning and you love to indulge Anna in piggy back rides. You are Wyatt's greatest hero. You are your daddy's pride and joy when he's teaching you how to shoot a basket, bat a ball, or cast your fishing line. You are my greatest joy when we snuggle on the couch reading books together. You are my precious first born son. Today you are seven!

I love you so much!

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this post this morning :-)! Happy Birthday, Will! Doesn't seven seem so big? It's hard to believe. Have a fun day and a great Easter weekend. He is risen!

Tiffany said...

Oh, what a sweet letter! I hope you will print of what you wrote and save it for Will - he will certainly treasure this letter now and when he's an adult!

Angela said...

What a sweet post!
Happy Birthday!

Christi said...

Oh, man, I'm going to get off the computer right now and go play with my three year old before he's not a three year old anymore!

Happy Birthday, Will! You are the guinea pig out of all the Warner friends' kids and I have learned a lot from you too.