Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Sea

We just got back from a wonderful three days in Seaside. I love the ocean, and I always feel so relaxed and refreshed spending time by the sea. My dad was raised in Astoria, so I guess I can say it's in my blood! Our God is so great to create something so magnificent and mysterious for us to enjoy. It was stormy, and we even had SNOW, but we also had a nice sun break today and were able to take the kids down to play before heading home. We enjoyed our time with my parents, staying in a simply adorable beach cottage with them.
My dad, Craig and I tried to dig for clams both days and between the three of us we managed to dig 12. A far cry from the 15/day/person limit, but enough for a batch of my dad's famous clam chowder. And.....best of all, we had fun diggin' 'em!

My sweet Will, looking for shells
Cute Wy-boy showing off his find
Beautiful Anna, loving the sea air and freedom to run!

God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform. He plants his footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm.” ~William Cowper


6 comments:

Ona said...

It's always refreshing to go to the beach. Great pictures!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

fabulous pictures. isn't water the most amazing thing? such closeness to God there.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful few days away! See Kristen's blog for her coast report. They're in L.C. right now and are seeing snow, too! Your pictures are so cute of the kids!

Angela said...

Great pictures!
Sounds like so much fun!
Clam chowder..... THE BEST!

Heather M said...

What a beautiful family you have! It is so wonderful to find other families that have such good values and a strong faith in God. Thank you for sharing your testimony of Him.

Michelle said...

Hey Lindsay! I'm a friend of Christi's, and I was just checking out your blog....your kids are beautiful, and your post about Wyatt turning 7 got me all teary. Isn't it truly amazing how fast the time does go? What precious gifts they are.