Wednesday, March 12, 2008

farm life




On Sunday evening we were kinda feeling blah and at 5:00 we still had a couple hours of daylight left. We needed something to beat Sunday night depression (Craig's term :) but we were having trouble thinking of anything fun to do. Then Craig got the idea of calling up our friends the Morris' from church. They live on a farm and we thought it would be fun to go feed the ducks. They were all for it so we headed out to their place and had a great time. I really think my kids would be great farm kids--really what kids wouldn't?? What kid doesn't like to stomp around outside in rubber boots, feed ducks, throw rocks in the river and be outside enjoying the fresh air and open space. It was a great way to end our weekend and start off our week. We even got to take home peacock feathers as a souvenier!

2 comments:

Christy. said...

That sounds like so much fun! We had a neighborhood peacock at my house while growing up, I love their feathers. It reminds me of my childhood....

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to spend a Sunday evening!