Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday

This morning I went for a run. It felt good to get back into the routine of things and as I was running it started snowing. Just little flakes at first, and I wasn't really sure if I was just still groggy and seeing stars, but then they began to fall a little faster. It was beautiful. And surprisingly even though it was 28 degrees, it didn't feel that cold, out.

The kids didn't wake up til after 7 so I got my Bible reading in and picked this verse to journal:

1 Corinthians 16: 13&14
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men (or women) of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

I enjoyed a bowl of my new favorite oatmeal. Quakers Simple Harvest, vanilla, almond & honey. I have become quite the oatmeal lover. And it's delicious.

I got on the scale and was shocked to see I hadn't gained any weight over spring break. A small miracle since I didn't exercise and I ate like a pig.

After I got home from taking Will to school I began scrubbing the kitchen. I tackled the microwave, the sink, cabinets and floors. All while listening to Mercy's Me's Christmas CD. Yes, Wyatt and I enjoy listening to Christmas music year round and he picked this one out. It is a great CD, I highly recommend it. And, it was snowing this morning so I'm not that off!

I found a couple great blogs that I plan on linking on my sidebar. It you care the check them out they will be there soon.

I am almost finished reading The Shack. Have you heard of it? It has stretched my imagination, a lot, and helped me to realize some truths and misconceptions about my faith, and God's goodness. I am not quite finished, but I have really enjoyed it, so far.

All this randomness to say, it's been a great Monday!

6 comments:

Ona said...

You are very lucky to have not gained. I checked the scale and cried. I got to get back into the groove of things. Glad you are having a great Monday.

Angela said...

Sounds like the perfect morning!
I can't even believe this weather.

Lindsay said...

Got to your blog from Angela's ... your family is darling! I did a post on The Shack a while back... it's a very thought-provoking book! I really, really liked it and have shared it with some of my co-workers at my school.

Blessings to you - (the other Lindsay) :)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

aren't days like that such a blessing?

Christy. said...

Sounds like a great day!!

Aly sun said...

Wow, what a proverbs women you are today! Running, scrubbing, whew, I'm exhausted already