Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Living life to the fullest

Yesterday I received and email asking me to pray for a fellow MOPS mom, Annie. She had been admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and was given a less than 5% chance of living. I just found out this morning that last night she went home to be with her Savior. Annie leaves behind a husband and three children.

This morning I told Wyatt (who had been praying with me all day yesterday) that I had some sad news. Through tears I shared that Annie had died, and she had gone to heaven to be with Jesus. Wyatt said, "oh, so she has a new body now?" and I replied, "yes, she does". Then Wyatt said," well then, that's a good news, mom, don't be sad." And so, through the eyes of my 4 year old, despite my deep sadness for her family, and knowing just how much she will be missed, I can be happy that she indeed has a new body and is rejoicing in Heaven this very moment.

Annie got the chance to share her testimony with us MOPS moms earlier this year. She shared so much, but what I most remember is she inspired us to pray! She was never shy about sharing Jesus with anyone. She lived life to the fullest for Jesus. She did awesome puppet shows for the kids in AWANAS and had a passion for sharing God's love with children. My only regret is that I did not get to know her better. She was a bold woman of faith and I was so encouraged through her.

PLEASE.....join with me in praying, as Annie would have encouraged us to do, for her family in the weeks and months to come.

5 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

no idea who this mother is, but cannot help but pray for this family.

Christy. said...

I will be praying....

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Lin, for her family and friends. I will be praying for her family during these dark days.

Angela said...

I will be praying.
Lindsay what a precious little boy you have.

LizzyG said...

Jon used to work with Annie's husband at Polk County Sheriff's Office, and still sees him quite often. A few days ago, when Jon told me about his wife being sick and having only a 5% chance of survival, I just couldn't believe it. My heart just ached for that family, and I too have been praying. Last night Jon told me she had passed away. Even though I don't know this family, I have just felt such sadness for her husband and children. I can't stop thinking about them. Yes, I will pray...we must pray.