Monday, February 11, 2008

He's got it under control

There are so many little things that happen in the day to day, but I have been reflecting on this one since it happened last week. It is such a good example of how God is always taking care of us. Even with the little things in life.

Last week Craig was leaving for work and he went out to start his truck up. He came in REALLY upset and told me that his truck box was wide open and his tool box was missing. Now, this isn't any old tool box. It's about three feet wide and a foot and half deep and I can barely lift it. It has all his most used, favorite tools in it (since we don't have a garage). Beside that, tools are one of Craig's most favorite things in life. It would be the equivalent of having someone steal all my finished scrapbooks. He was really upset.

We talked for a couple minutes and I said I would call our insurance to see if they would cover the stolen tools. He decided to go out and have another look around, just to see if they messed with anything else. He came back in a few minutes later and had found his tool box sitting right behind our van. It was such a huge sigh of relief. And it turns out, after talking to some neighbors, there were several other "pranks" on our street that night.

We realized that in the grand scheme of things, tools are pretty insignificant, but we felt so blessed to know that God really does care about the little things, and he's got eveything in control.

So, I just had to share.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I have to say, that is one crappy prank! Makes you want to set up a video camera just to catch the little brats doing their "work". I'm so glad they were not actually stolen though - I do remember even from high school Craig loving tools and starting up his own collection. My husband is the same way...Christmas and Birthdays are always easy - either tools or fishing gear!

Peters Family Farms said...

AMEN God is good! I'm so glad He is in control, 'cuz I'm not so good at it :)