Thursday, February 07, 2008

He's always good for a laugh

I'm so thankful. Whenever I need a laugh I just need to hang out with or listen to Wyatt. Here are a few things that made me chuckle today:

Wyatt get very serious and says, "I have ISSUES mom". I ask him what kind of issues. He replies, "just ISSUES."

In my attempt to clean I was just about to throw away a broken Christmas ornament that Wyatt had found and been playing with. I tried explaining to him that it was broken and no good. He threw himself into hysterics and the tears started..."please mom, please, if you throw it away I will be just HEARTBROKEN." How do I say no to that??

Driving into "town" is always a highlight for my redneck kids. On the way in Wyatt was chattering with glee over all he was seeing. "Look, the golden man....look, the carousel, look, mom, there's the giant world." Soon we came to a stoplight with a 76 station (big spinning orange ball in the sky) and a cemetary. Wyatt says happily "Look there's the spinning ball.......and there's the place where they put dead people!"

3 comments:

Christy. said...

We were out running errands yesterday and I wish I could remember all the funny things Karsen said! Isn't it fun to hear how they think?

Anonymous said...

He's such a smart boy; that's why he's so full of wit! So funny!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Last night when we told Grant it was time to go to bed, he said, "Don't say that mom. You're breaking my heart!" Mitch just turned to me and said, "He learned that from you." Goodness! Well, at least we can be thankful that our boys know how to express their emotions!