Sunday, March 01, 2009

Where, oh where, has my little boy gone?

Will between his two good friends, Braden and Braydon!
Receiving his medal and certificate for basketball...
In action during the last game of the season.




Lately I have been looking at Will and just thinking, "man he is getting so big!" In just 3 weeks he will be 8 years old and I can still remember the excitement of being pregnant with him and nearing my due date. With your first baby everything is new and I tended to dream a lot about this child and starting this new chapter in my life as a mommy. But really, I had no clue how he would change my life. I looked forward to the day I would become a mom and wondered if it would be a son or a daughter that would crown me with that title.



All my children are special and unique and bless me in different ways. Will is not often the center of attention. Wyatt gets more attention for his silliness, or more (negative) attention for acting up. Anna gets a TON of attention being our baby girl and is quite an attention seeker at that. But Will, he's behind the scenes. Always lending me a hand and looking out for his younger siblings without even being asked. Always a peacemaker. Always responsible. And always reminding me to pray. Every morning and evening before dinner it is almost always Will who asks, "are we gonna pray?" That, more than anything, blesses my heart.



I was at school the other day and the office ladies were telling me a story about how when Will's class was walking down the hall they passed Wyatt's room and Will saw Wyatt's jacket laying on the floor in the hall. Noticing it was Wyatt's jacket, he quietly stepped out of line and hung it up on the hook. That is the essence of Will.



I always looked up the meaning of my children's names before we decided on them. Would you believe the meaning of William is "guardian or protector". I couldn't have come up with a better description of my Will if I tried.

5 comments:

Cooking with Big E said...

There's just something about little boys that warm a mother's heart. I wasn't sure what it would be like to have a son after having a daughter but already I think it's pretty special. Sounds like Will is a great kid!

Mars said...

That is so sweet. Will sounds like the sweetest little kid.
It scares me how fast Charlie is growing up. I can't believe he'll be almost 8 some day, too. Yikes!

Elaine said...

I agree with Marlene, that is so sweet. You guys are doing such a good job raising your kiddos. Of course, I always knew you would be a great mom. :)

Aly sun said...

This is such a sweet post. My husband's middle name is William and I have always loved the name. Your boy has a wonderful personality that it is a joy to see you nurture through these glimpses on your blog.

Anonymous said...

If this was FB, I'd become a fan of Will :-). What a sweet boy, and what precious things you wrote for him. They're a gift!