Wednesday, March 11, 2009

get inspired!

Inspiration comes in waves for me. There are days...even weeks when I'll go about my daily routines, not feeling particularly inspired. But every once in a while there are little things in the everyday that pop out to me and really inspire.

A wonderful, deep conversation with my husband,

the "almost" spring sunshine pouring through my bedroom windows,

brisk morning walks in the sunshine pushing my Annie-girl, and praying,

looking through fun magazines and tearing out ideas or anything that catches my eye,

grabbing a couple books for ME at the library to browse through,

AND, believe it or not, getting a cold and forcing myself to slow down, take a break, and snuggle on the couch with my 5 year old for most of the afternoon yesterday.

Lately I have also been inspired by these crafty mama's and their blogs. I haven't posted anything new for a while mostly because I was feeling a little un-inspired. But I'm still enjoying everyone's elses blogs, especially Tiffany, Emily and Tanya, who have some awesome crafty ideas, and have inspired me to tap into some of that inspiration myself.

I started with this clothespin bag. Yes, I am one of the few who actually hang my clothes out on the line to dry in the warmer weather. Won't this look cute hanging on my line, storing my clothespins for me?

I am contemplating making a couple more for Anna's closet to store her undies and socks in, or maybe little toys, or (if you are so inspired) you could make some for your pantry or hall closets to hold plastic bags or other fun stuff in. Everything seems so much more fun with a cute container!
One of the books I grabbed at the library was "Toys to Sew" by Claire Garland. It caught my eye on my way up to the counter to check-out and after looking through it I decided to attempt this Ballerina Doll for Anna, made entirely from scraps from my fabric tubs. Will those things ever be empty??
She has HUGE brown eyes, and is a little funny looking, but there is something so sweet about a homemade doll...


....and the best part is, Anna just loves her!

Stay tuned for more of my blast of inspiration which may be coming your way sooner or later. And, let me know, how have you been inspired lately?



9 comments:

Cooking with Big E said...

What an adorable doll! I've been wanting to make some aprons for Grace and I but was waiting for a Grandmother's Attic coupon to come in the mail. One showed up yesterday so now it's time to shop!

KLB said...

I absolutly love the doll! I am thinking of a good way to use that cute bag as well. I am not a crafty person at all. But I really want to be.

Michelle said...

Both of those things are great, Lindsay! Isn't it fun when that wave of inspiration comes along?! Can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

First of all...I'm so impressed that you hang your clothes out to dry!!!
Next, you are so cute! I love the clothespin bag and the doll is darling!!
Its amazing how making little things brings such joy. Keep those inspirations coming!! I love them!

Aly sun said...

I love the little doll and the bag. I've been uninspired lately, but thanks to you, I have some ideas!

Christi said...

That is the most awesome doll I have ever seen! You ALWAYS inspire me.

Tiffany said...

Love the clothespin bag idea. I really like the idea of putting it in the closet for socks, undies, etc. Great idea!

handfull of johnsons said...

I'm just going to come out and say it. I want one of each. And I'm coming to Salem March 20-22 to pick up the laundry bag because it's still my birth month. =-) The doll you have more time for because I don't have my baby yet, but I need to have one for her too. K? SOOOO CUTE!!!
Did I tell you Mike made us put two laundry lines in our bedroom for the winter? Yes, we too are a laundry line family and I don't sew, so my favorite friend Lin should really make me one of those bags so I don't have to keep walking back and forth and clipping them to my shirt and holding them in my mouth and swearing when I drop them and everything. It's just not a good thing. You can really bring peace to my family. But no pressure.
Seriously though, March 20-22, maybe we can meet up at Sue's? LOVE YOU!

Elaine said...

You did a great job, Lindsay. I am always excited to try any projects or recipes you post...you have good taste! :)