Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A new school year

"Making the decision to have a child- it's momentous. It's to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside of your body." -Elisabeth Stone
I have a picture frame with that quote on it on my desk. My sweet friend Darbi gave it to me with a picture of me holding Wyatt as a baby and Will at 2 years old with a fire hat on and chocolate on his mouth. I like that quote, and I don't think it ever rings quite as true as it does on the first day of school!
Sending Wyatt off to kindergarten, today.
He seemed like an old pro and started building with the blocks immediately.
Will started 2nd grade yesterday.
We love you brother, have a good day!
"May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us..." -Psalm 67:1

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lin, I'm so glad you're back. I've been worried that it had been two weeks since you'd posted! What beautiful pictures of your kiddos. They'll have a great year, I'm sure!

Angela said...

Happy beginning of the school year to you guys!!! :)

Aly sun said...

I'm glad to see you back too. I was really looking forward to your beginning of school pictures. As always, your children are darling. I agree, any time my children are away from me, I feel a pull, like part of my heart went with them. Of course, right now, with a 3 year old and a 1 year old, school sounds really great. But I must remember this time is precious too.

Christi said...

Great pictures. With all the buzz about school lately I have already started feeling anxious for Max to go to kindergarten NEXT year. Maybe God is trying to tell me something, though, cause the way he's acting today is making me desire a few hours apart :)

Ona said...

Oh my...I love that last picture! You take great picture. I guess it's pretty easy when you have such adorable children.

Tiffany said...

I. Love. That. Quote! It is so true.