Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our one day camping trip

Monday we set off for our last camping trip of the summer. We spent one night at Fisherman's Bend and planned to head up to Suttle Lake for the next two nights. Tuesday morning as we were getting ready Craig looks over at Anna and says "is she ok?" Anna was just laying on the bed with a glazed over look. I said she looked like she didn't feel well and sure enough she said her tummy hurt and started puking about a 1/2 hour later. We decided camping with a sick baby didn't sound like much fun (not to mention the day before I had taken Will into the doctor to get medicine for poison oak up and down his leg)..... so we packed up and headed home. Actually Craig packed up and I held Anna and she fell asleep on me. I definitely got the better end of the deal on that one.
I was glad I got my camera out the night before around the campfire. Craig and I stayed up late after putting the kiddos to bed and just talked around the fire til it burned down. As we were heading to bed Craig mentioned that it's amazing how after being married 10 year we are still finding out new things about each other. I realized that's one of my favorite parts about camping. Being outside with a campfire just has a way of spurring good conversation.



By the time we got home I could tell Anna was already starting to feel better. She took a three hour nap and woke up famished. I kept giving her small amounts of food and she kept begging for more.
Despite the work that went into only being able to camp for one day, we had a fun time. And I admit, I am really enjoying this time at home with Craig before he goes back to work next week. Since Anna was feeling better and it was pouring outside (another reason I was glad we weren't still camping), we took the kids to OMSI this morning. Then we decided to tackle our closet while Anna took her nap this afternoon. Nothing motivates me more than when I have someone to work with. Right now as I type I am glancing over at our amazingly organized and neat closet. Even if it's only a little piece of my life that feels organized, it sure is nice!
Tomorrow's agenda: Build better shelving in our linen closet
Label!!! (I just bought a label maker and I am going crazy with this one, it's just too much fun!)

6 comments:

Aly sun said...

Ooh, a label maker. I want one of those. I love cleaning and organizing with my husband. It is a great motivator. What a blessing you have such a helpful guy.

Too bad about the shortened camping trip, but I wouldn't risk the sick baby either. This rain is crazy. I was feeling bad for all the people who had scheduled camping trips in this weather.

Angela said...

Oh man sorry it didn't work out as planned. You guys seem like such an amazing couple!

KLB said...

Lindsay,

I was so excited to hear from you! We will have to keep in touch. You have a sweet little family. Your kids are so cute!

Karrie

Stefanie said...

Life is just so tricky with little ones! You have almost inspired me to try camping for the campfire talk you described. I think I'll stick with hiring a sitter and going out to dinner for now:) lest I get stuck with puking kids too or rain or something tiring:)

Anonymous said...

Lindsay...
Anna looks just like you! How precious, she is adorable :)

Christi said...

Yeah, I'm drooling over your label maker...I might have to invest in one of those.

I'm glad Anna's sickies didn't last long and you are getting lots done at home. Craig is probably back at school by now - another chance to reset, huh?