Monday, September 29, 2008

dress-up

One of these two's favorite things to do is play dress-up. I get such a good laugh out of their imagination and creativity in their costumes. The entire trunk they are sitting on is full of dress-up clothes and costumes we've acquired over the years, but they still find ways to come up with their own ensembles, and inform me what each one is called.
Like the one below. It's the Egyptian. Yes, Wyatt is wearing a dishtowel and Anna is topless. That's just what they do in Egypt.
Then there's the Australian I thought this one was pretty good--and the kid hasn't even seen Crocodile Dundee. He's got his dagger (fake!!) ready to slay the crocs. (Anna just had a princess dress on for this shot.)
Then there's the Chinese. If you haven't noticed Wyatt is really into geography right now! An inside out sparkies vest, one of Anna's church dresses, and the doll my dad brought me back from Korea (which they scaled closet shelving to dig out of a box) complete this one. The reason their faces look funny is because they were trying to squint. I made them open their eyes.
But wait, it doesn't stop there! We also have weddings. They of course have to wear coordinating outfits and this time they went with the traditional white. Then they go outside, Wyatt picks a bouquet for his bride and they kiss "standing up". 'Cause that's just what you do at a wedding. Anna calls Wyatt her "lovey prince" and they finish the ceremony dancing away in the backyard.
I love those two! I'm so glad they have each other.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm pretty sure they have those pretty purple shoes Anna is wearing in Egypt too!

Glad they can entertain each other so well to give mom a break!

Aly sun said...

Love the new background. Super cute.

I love the kids' outfits too. They are really creative.

Christi said...

Oh my goodness...I'm so glad you took pictures cause I might not have fully believed it - they are hilarious! And the squinty eyes are cracking me up.

Anonymous said...

They are so stinkin' cute! I may have to steal the background you previously used now that you've changed to a new one :-).

Elaine said...

They are so cute. It must be fun to throw a girl in the mix!