Thursday, September 11, 2008

something to share

For the past almost 4 weeks I have been struggling with some kind of illness. I was so sick the week Craig went back to school and the kids first week in school, I really don't know how I was making it through my days. I started to become depressed and annoyed that my body wasn't recovering. I was fearful and frustrated at not being able to take care of my family, the way I wanted to. But every time I opened my Bible it was as if there was a word meant just for me. Slowly over the course of two weeks I started letting go of my fears and trusting God to fill in where I wasn't able to. I started focusing on each day, and tried to enjoy each moment as a gift.

So many people were also encouraging to me, and I know there were those praying for me. One day I was talking to my mom in tears and she said, "Lindsay, you are God's personal concern". I kept repeating that to myself over and over. Pretty soon the fear subsided and I was filled with God's peace.

I had and MRI and lab work, last week and everything came back normal! Praise the Lord! Probably the first time in my life I've ever been described as normal, but I'll take it. I am still not feeling 100%, but I'm praying my symptoms will subside and I give the glory to God for my healing.

It is always so hard being a sick mommy (can I hear an amen?) Through this God has taught me to depend on him more, to release my fears and let him take control. I have enjoyed some special moments with my kids. We have been reading the Jesus Storybook Bible (which I highly recommend...thank you Kelly!!) and I cry reading it too! I get Anna all to myself in the morning while the boys are in school. It has been so much fun watching her play by herself and hearing the little conversations she makes up for her babies. One of the first days of school she went to her room called out, "Mom, I'm playin' with my babies" and shut the door!

In the afternoons Anna naps, and Wyatt and I have some one-on-one time. He loves to read books, do art, help me bake, and practice piano. Occasionally we lay on my big comfy bed and he'll fall asleep. All in all it hasn't been the easiest start to a new school year....but at the same time, becasue of God's faithfulness, it's been great!

"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him; with long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." ~Psalm 91:14-16

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I am so sorry you have been sick and it's frustrating when no one can give you a straight answer for what's going on. I will pray for you! I'm so glad you've still been able to have special time with the kids. Yes, isn't the Jesus Bible Storybook the best? I love it! I'm so glad I'll be able to pull it out over the years to share with Matthew and Ben, too.

I hope you are at 100% soon. God is our healer and redeemer!

Elaine said...

Lindsay,
I am sorry you haven't been feeling well. It is so hard to be sick and feeling icky with little ones around. We'll be praying for you too.

Aly sun said...

You sure are a strong woman (even if you won't feel like it). It is hard to be sick and continue on with everything. God's going to do something amazing through your struggles. My friend Hillary posted a poem on her blog a few days ago that you would really enjoy, I think. You can follow the link from my blog over to her or the address is danandhillary@blogspot.com

Christi said...

I wish I had known about this before so I could be your little prayer warrior, but I guess I'll just have to start now.

I like that Pam quote and I'm thinking that will become a part of overcoming my daily struggles.

I sure hope you feel "normal" soon!!

Love you lots!!!

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing this Linds!

I will be praying for healing for you!

Christy. said...

I'm glad your test came back normal! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Tiffany said...

It is VERY hard being a sick mom! I hope you get back to your "normal" self in feeling too even though your doc report says you are normal already. Hey, maybe you just need a vacation!!!!