Saturday, September 06, 2008

Football & Soccer

Today marked opening game day for Will and Wyatt. After two years of soccer, Will decided to make the big switch to flag football. Turns out it was a great decision! He absolutely LOVES it. Today he scored three touchdowns and was diving to pull flags left and right. I never knew I could get so excited over football. Actually, I don't fully understand the game even though Craig's explained it to me dozens of times. But, on the first play Will took off running with the football to score and I was screaming, "go, go, go, Will.....keep going....wooohoooo!!!" at the top of my lungs.

And then there was soccer. This is Wyatt's first year at it and I think one of the cutest things is 5 year olds in soccer jerseys and pint sized shin guards. Wyatt probably fell down at least 20 times, and at one point he thought he was the goalie and tried to pick up the ball. But he did manage this:
He dribbles......
He shoots......
He SCORES!!!!! (and then falls down)
It was a fun day of fall sports and I'm so thankful God gave me these boys to cheer on! By the way, Anna has informed me that she will be playing "shoot-ba'' when she's "bigga". Looking forward to that, too!


7 comments:

Aly sun said...

I can see how you could get into the games. They look like a lot of fun. You're little men are such good athletes already. (and so cute, but that wouldn't be very manly, so we can keep it just among the moms :)

Anonymous said...

I love it, love it! So cute, and two lady cheerleaders in the family to cheer on the boys!

Christi said...

That is so awesome...I'm so excited to get there someday!!

And you, before you know it, will know all about the intricacies of football.

I agree, five year old in soccer gear is the best.

Angela said...

I can't wait for my boys to play. Darrin and I were talking about how cool it will be when they are in highschool and are playing football, (Hopefully they will want to) and Darrin said it brings tears to his eyes just thinking about it! :)

What a dork!!!

Erika said...

Wow! I can't believe your kids are so grown up...and I've never even met sweet little Anna! Glad you found me and now I have your blog too!

KLB said...

I don't understand football either. I have gotten to the point when Daniel trys to explain it to me I just nod and say "oh, ok." Every season I try to get into it, but prefer the food network! he he
I love the pictures. I will pray for a good season for your boys! And ANNA!!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

football and fall...they just go together!