Monday, July 21, 2008

Pictures in the field





There is this beautiful field of wildflowers...sweet peas, queen anne's lace and a bunch of wheat, right behind our house. Last night---spur of the moment---I walked the kids over and took a whole bunch of pictures. I just snapped away. Then I deleted most of them. I was very happy with the one of Will. He always does such a fake "posed" smile for pictures, so I just love how that picture caught his real smile. And his missing front tooth! I didn't get a great one of Wyatt. His expression in that picture is a classic Wyatt look, though. So I'll take it. And Anna....I might as well forget it. She is at a hard age to photograph. So I settled for the one of her just looking down. I do love how the sun was shining on her and made her look "golden". The last one of the three is nothing special. But, to me it captures their personalities. Will: reflective, Wyatt: go-getter, and Anna: always tagging along.

7 comments:

Aly sun said...

Really beatiful. The best pictures are spur of the moment. Your children are beautiful and you captured them perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Ok, seriously? I LOVE the one of Wyatt. I thought it was very introspective and showed a different side to him that we usually see in photos. Loved it. I LOVE Will's missing front tooth and you can tell the other one is about to be gone too! Big boy. Anna is so precious with her beautiful, golden hair! Beautiful pictures you took.

Ona said...

Beautiful pictures! The one of Anna is my favorite, its captures such innocence.

Christi said...

Love them! Now those kids are a whole day older so good thing you stopped time there for a sec. I'm trying to think of what we said in cultural anthropology. Sychronizing the mono...I don't know.

Kristen said...

Beautiful!

Angela said...

Those are great Lindsay!

Christy. said...

Great pictures! I love the missing front teeth stage...