Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Copy Cat



I don't mean to be such a copy cat, but I saw this cute idea for a little girls dress made from a men's button down shirt on Michelle's blog. Today I went to Goodwill and found a cute button down shirt for $2.49. It was a woman's extra large, but I decided to give it a try during nap-time today. When Anna woke up I tried it on her and finished it up. I turned out a little big, but that's ok. She can wear it next summer as well. To try one yourself go here. And don't worry, I won't call you a copy cat. :)



6 comments:

Aly sun said...

This dress is really cute and I am definately going to copy this idea. Imitation is the highest form of flattery! I was inspired by Michelle's blog and looked at all the patterns. Did you do something awhile ago where you used up ALL your fabric? I want to do that soon. I'll finish all the sewing I have to do for my living room and then I am going to start on all the wonderful projects to get rid of my fabric collection.

Angela said...

Oh my word how creative!!! That is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so hiring you to make Sarah some dresses :-). That is too cute! Man, I wish I could sew!

Christi said...

That's why this blog thing is working for me...so many good ideas to copy! That turned out so cute.

Michelle said...

I love it!!! You aren't a copy cat...that's what blogging is all about...sharing the love. :-) So glad you tried it. I like the shirt you found, isn't it fun to transform something that may have looked a little blah into something SO cute!!!! Great job....your sleeves turned out really well, too. So fun...I love seeing you make all these things! And your model is adorable by the way. :-)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

first: i love your blog template.

second: how do you acquire such domestic skills? i am jealous in the best way possible.

third: i'm pretty certain that she'd look adorable in a burlap bag, but that is a great idea and she looks wonderful!