Thursday, July 10, 2008

Part Two: Ice Cream

Growing up my family made homemade ice cream with an electric ice cream maker. I remember watching it turn round and round, adding the rock salt and ice and hearing it work harder and move slower and slower as it was almost done. Craig's family has a homemade ice cream maker, too. A REAL homemade ice cream maker. The hand-crank kind. We all took turns churning the ice cream on July 4th, up at Craig sisters house after a yummy BBQ. Here is Papa sitting on it with Wyatt while Chase turns.
No pictures to prove it, but I did give it a go for about 12 rotations, before tagging one of the bigger and stronger men for his 15 minute turn.
.
The finished product ended up more like a milkshake, but with all those topping....who cares! Here's Anna with her gummy bears, hot fudge, whip cream, and sprinkles.
Will's creation....do I see butterfinger, caramel, hot fudge, gummy bears, heath, and oreo cookie crumbs???
And Wyatt, my purist with cherries, sprinkles and just a touch of hot fudge.
An electric ice cream maker may be less work....but no where near the FUN!!


1 comment:

Aly sun said...

My hubby's family always does the hand crank kind as well. I try to get in line at first when it is still easy to turn. Oh, those pictures make me so hungry for home-made ice cream.

I am having a MOPS mom's berry picking day at my house in a few weeks. I am going to make black berry home-made ice cream, so I hope you can come with your kids.