Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wy-boy

It’s been 5 years since God blessed me with my Wyatt Samuel. As I neared the end of my pregnancy, my body swelled up as if I’d been stung by a giant bee, and Wyatt came two weeks early due to my development of toxemia. How relieved I was to have him out and healthy and hold him in my arms. For five years Craig and I have tried our best to teach, shape and guide him. Wyatt has challenged me and caused me to rely on the strength of my Father in heaven, which I count as a blessing. He has also caused me to smile and laugh with joy every day at the unique little boy he is, and the love he shows me. Here is a picture of our boy at age 1:

(Wasn't he the cutest thing??)
I heard this verse at a couple’s retreat Craig and I attended a couple months before Wyatt turned 2 years old. I have clung to it as a promise for Wyatt’s life.

Isaiah 51:11 The ransomed of the Lord will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

Wyatt is full of energy, passion, and determination. My prayer is that he will use these God given qualities to give glory to God. That he will be passionate for the Lord, all the days of his life. Just a few weeks ago Wyatt and I had a conversation about asking Jesus into his heart. To my knowledge he has never done this in true seriousness. But that evening he repeated a prayer after me and I believe his heart was sincere. Maybe he will ask Jesus into his heart a few times more before it really sinks in. But I know in my heart that he belongs to the Lord.

Wyatt is curious, fearless, and takes things to a whole new level. He is spunky and quite the charmer and loves to laugh. He is musical, artistic, very good with words, and despite being strong-willed, he is oh so easy to LOVE! Wyatt’s name means “brave one” and while we didn’t name him Wyatt for the meaning, he has lived up to truly being our little “brave one”!

(5 years old today!!)

So Happy Birthday to my big 5 year old. You are a blessing to me and so many others!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Wyatt! Have a great day (all of you)!

Angela said...

What a sweet post! And what a beautiful boy!
I see so much of you in your kids!

Happy Birthday!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

He's so gorgeous! What a big boy!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

doesn't it feel like a blinking of an eye?

unbelievable!

Christi said...

Happy Birthday, Wyatt! I love watching that boy grow up through the blog. I remember holding him in the hospital...his super-soft skin and the adorable pea suit. He's such a gift!

Aly sun said...

This is a great post. You do a really good job of turning challenging personality traits into winning attributes in your children. I enjoyed reading your reflections about such a special child.