Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Weekend

This weekend Craig and the kiddos headed down south to visit Ama and Papa and gave me one of the bests gifts ever: a whole weekend at home by myself. While my family was enjoying the sunshine, fishing, playing outside on the rope swing, picking wildflowers, swimming in the hot tub, and getting spoiled by Ama and Papa, I was hanging out here in a quiet house with tons of projects on my to-do list.
(Will and Papa, steering the boat)
(an early morning up fishing, makes for a tired boy on the ride home)
Here’s just some of what I accomplished while the fam was away:

I took two nice long walks
I slept in two mornings in a row
I completed 15 layouts in my scrapbooks
I watched two “girly” movies
I spent 4 hours shopping in stores I can’t take my kids to, like TJ Maxx and Spencers Alley
I bought two new cabinets for our playroom
I had my first-ever-in-my-entire-life pedicure. I don’t know why I waited this long. It was heaven!
I changed the sheets on two beds and washed and folded 4 loads of laundry
I cleaned my entire house, even vacuumed out under the couch cushions, and cleaned out all the bathroom drawers
I took out about 7 bags of trash
I went grocery shopping for the next couple weeks
I missed my family so much and was happy to see their smiley faces Sunday evening!
Thank you to my wonderful husband and in-laws! You guys are great. I am a much refreshed mommy!



6 comments:

Ona said...

How nice! Sounds like everyone had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a treat, Lin! Wow. And you didn't even have to leave home to have a mini vacation. Your first pedicure? Congrats! They are such a sweet luxury, and I try to get one at least once a year. My first one of the year will be in a few weeks pre-Kauai! I'm so glad you had a great weekend and also got so much done.

Aly sun said...

I am very envious. You cleaned under the couch cushions! Wow. I am glad you had a good weekend and can say "refreshed" and "mommy" in the same sentence.

Angela said...

How awesome! You lucky lucky girl!

Christy. said...

Sounds fabulous! Sounds like you got a lot done!
I was at the beach this weekend with our children's ministry team and it was a nice break away from my family.

Peters Family Farms said...

So very productive! If you thought the pedicure was great, let me recomend a facial.... ahhhhh!