Tuesday, April 15, 2008

from boys to men

Last night, after a very fulfilling dinner of Chicken Broccoli Calzone's (thanks, Alysun, my family loves these...see FOOD LOVE for the recipe) carrot sticks and cut up fruit, Will headed over to the fridge, pulled out a yogurt, and scarfed it down. A couple hours later both he and Wyatt were saying they were "starving" and could they please have a snack. I cut up an apple, threw out some carrot sticks, sliced up cheese and a few handfuls of pretzels for all three of them to share. A few minutes later the food had vanished...well all except one lone carrot hanging out on the paper plate.

As I was tucking Will into bed he said, "mom, can you wake me up early tomorrow?" I said, "yes, tomorrow you go with daddy so you'll have to get up a little earlier." And he replied, "well, I need to get up early cause I want to have time to eat a big breakfast.....I'm really hungry!"

So this morning this is what they ate:

Will- one toaster waffle, a homemade hot pocket (eggs, ham and cheese), and a bagel with cream cheese.

Wyatt- (my skimpy eater) 2 toaster waffles and a homemade hot pocket!

Families with older boys have been telling me this was bound to happen sooner or later. But my goodness! Will often eats two packets of oatmeal, plus some toast, a bagel, or yogurt for breakfast! I can see my trips to the grocery store becoming more frequent. These boys are becoming MEN!

4 comments:

Christi said...

I'm scared.

Tiffany said...

I'm scared too!

Angela said...

Oh my gosh! I better learn to be a better cook! And like it at that!

Ona said...

Not a worries here! My girls hardly eat.