Saturday, May 30, 2009

Better than diamonds

Craig and I went out last night to celebrate our anniversary. He had been gone for two days on a school field trip and I was really looking forward to our date. It was wonderful. I can't believe it's been 11 years since we said, "I do". At 20 and 21 we were so young, but we didn't really know it then. I look back on how we've both grown and changed so much, and I honestly can say I love him so much more today than I did on that day 11 years ago. Back then I thought my heart would burst with the amount of love I had for him. But it just keeps growing and growing.
It's awesome how God will bless a marriage when we seek His wisdom. I don't deserve this wedded bliss and I certainly don't deserve a man this wonderful, but God has blessed me, and it makes my eyes fill with tears.
Craig said he had something for me, just a little thing, and I jokingly said, "something little, huh, just a diamond ring?" As we sat on the park bench and watched the water go by he read me a TOP 11 List of the reasons he loved me. After he was finished I had a huge lump in my throat, and he said, "ya it's no diamond ring...." and I replied, "that was better than a diamond ring".
And it was.

7 comments:

Angela said...

That is awesome! What a wonderful example you guys are!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

jana said...

That's very sweet! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congrats! You guys are such a cute couple. That's a great picture of you too.

Aly sun said...

The time can go by so fast! Congratulations on 11 years.

KLB said...

That was the sweetest gift! Happy 11 years! Daniel and I are going to celebrate our 3rd this month.

Elaine said...

Happy anniversary! It is hard to believe that 11 years have gone by. Don't you still feel like we're in our early twenties? :)

Burkulater said...

What a sweet post. My husband and I are halfway there...started when you guys did too!