Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Almost Ready

Our chicken are almost ready to move outside! Remember the nice warm days we had a couple weeks ago? Well, here are the chicks then, enjoying the sunshine in the "baby gate" turned "chicken pen", outside. They were still little, cute and a bit fluffy.
Here they are as of Monday. I'm not sure where the "cuteness" factor has gone. This picture cracks me up. It kind of makes me think of one of those pet looks like the owner pics. Both April and Wyatt have the same expression.
They love to come out of their rubbermaid tub and perch on our arms. I'm not sure they love to be squeezed like Anna's demonstrating in the picture below. But they don't object.

Can you just hear the little girl scream through this picture? Anna isn't too keen on the feel of chicken claws on her leg.



And here's Will and Starly, lookin' ever so proud.Hopefully it'll be warm enough to move them outside this weekend. I really hope so, my laundry room has been smelling like a pet store long enough.




1 comment:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

ohhhh, chickens scare the HECK out of me. seeing your kids holding them...i think i'm having a panic attack!

but somehow you made them look almost cute....