Friday, April 03, 2009

"green" game

I am a copy-cat again. I saw this idea HERE, and since I always have an abundance of cracker and cereal boxes, I thought I'd give it a try.
I used my CM circle cutter to cut two matching circles out of each box: Cheerios, Cream of Wheat, Wheat Thins, Quaker Oat Squares, Ritz, Strawberry Frosted Mini-wheats (which are so disgusting, by the way) and Regular Frosted Mini-wheats. Then I threw the leftover cardboard in the recycle bin.
Anna uses this game more like just a matching game, rather than memory. She just puts them all face down, picks one up and turns the others over one at a time until she finds a match! You could cut out 4 of each kind and play as a memory game where each player takes turns trying to find matches. The boys love to play it that way, but Anna isn't quite there yet. It is an awesome FREE project that only takes a few minute to complete and provides her with a little activity while I get stuff done around the house. We store the circles in a zip-lock baggie. She has fun finding matches and it is a little challenging since the matches don't look exactly alike.



Try it, and feel good about being "green".


4 comments:

Cooking with Big E said...

Cute idea! Grace happens to love the Strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats by the way. It's pink which in her world, means it's as good as it gets!

Lindsay said...

That's so funny Kellie....because the strawberry mini-wheats were Anna's pick as well. She loves that they make the milk pink, too. Her and Grace sounds like two peas in a pod!

Aly sun said...

This is a really fun idea. I happen to have that handy-dandy circle maker, so I'm definitely going to to this.

Christi said...

Sweet...I'm doing it! And, Jeff loves Strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats, probably because of the pink factor too :)