Friday, April 24, 2009

Wyatt's first book

When Wyatt got home from school today he was working very intently on something. "What are you doin'?" I asked. "Writing a book", he replied.
One of my most favorite stages in the boys learning has been watching them learn to sound out and write words. Wyatt is at that point, so let me interpret his first book for you.
The Diamond in the Ruff
A long time ago there lived a little boy. The little boy was looking for a diamond. (talking bubble) where is it?
And he looked and he looked and he looked.
I guess I'll never find it.

Then his dad found the diamond. He was so excited he spit his gum out.


Written by Wyatt Button


The end



6 comments:

Glory Laine said...

That is so funny. Tobin just wrote his first book to. The last line was the best. It reads, "When he was in jail he meet another prisoner and they made something to try to escape but the chopper didn't work because it was meatloaf."
And then he laughs wildly. And I have to admit....I didn't see that coming.

Valorie Leonard said...

LOVE it!!!

handfull of johnsons said...

Thank you for posting stuff like that! I love not missing it. That is the funnies thing ever and so perfect!!! I'll have to see the real thing in person when I see him. Maybe he'll send us an autographed copy?

Elaine said...

I just read it to my boys. They said "that was pretty good. I like it. Can you read it to us again?" :)

Christy. said...

That is so sweet! Avery has written lots of books and I love to read what she thinks up.

Angela said...

That is so cute! Fun stuff!