Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Laughter is the best medicine

It really is! Here is some of what Wyatt has been saying lately to make me laugh:

1. We've been having a bit of a hard time getting the kids to bed at their usual time since it is staying so light out now. But the other night they were really tired so I was determined to get them in bed at a decent hour even it it was still light out. I told Wyatt to go get in his jammies and get ready for bed and he started freaking out (he had already reached the "meltdown" point) and he turns to me and says through tears in a very dramatic fashion, "mom, what do you think I am, AN OWL???"

get it? cause owls sleep in the daytime?

2. As you can see he has been practicing riding is bike without the training wheels and the other day he was getting frustrated and I hear him say to himself, "that's it, I give up....no I DOUBLE give up!"

3. This morning to Will he says longingly, "Will, I know magic isn't real, but I wish it was, cause I REALLY want to fly."

7 comments:

Angela said...

What a riot!! An owl.... Seriously that boy is smart!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

how can that not make you smile! what a fabulous kid.

Stefanie said...

Lindsay,

Your kids are so cute! So blonde!

I cherish early bedtimes too - well duh!

Christi said...

I wish I could become a teacher again and move to Dallas just to have him in my class. I can just hear him saying that owl comment in meltdown voice...his points are so valid!

Ona said...

That is so cute and so true. Gosh mom!!!

Anonymous said...

He's very insightful, that boy! So clever.

Anonymous said...

Oh the drama of bedtime in the summer! Imagine the sun not setting till after midnight...summers in Alaska make bedtime duty a bummer :)