Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

We had a fun, and rather uneventful New Years Eve with the kids and Craig's parents. We went out for a yummy breakfast and then laid low for the day, since I woke up with a super bad sore throat. Over the past three days I have drank probably 20 cups of tea and I am starting to feel better today. Craig had a great idea of making ice cream sundae's with all the fixings for a special New Years Eve treat, and I think that may have to become a tradition! The kids have been practicing "cheers" at mealtimes the past couple weeks with whatever drinks they have, so they were very excited to get out fancy cups (I had to rinse them out, they were so full of dust) and sparkling cider to toast with. We rang in 2008 at 9pm with the boys (Anna already in bed) and then sent them off to bed. CHEERS!!
"Cheers" photo with Ama and Papa.....
The friday before New Years we had to return a coat at the Lincoln City outlets, so we decided to make a day of it and visit the Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport. I can't believe how cool this place is, and all for FREE. I had to post some pictures of our fun. The kids loved it!

Touch pools......

Anna was a little hesitant about actually touching, but she loved all the "shishys"

Here I am with the three at the touch pools.....Wyatt's favorite were the baby skates (they look like sting rays only they don't sting) and he was not shy about touching them!

This is the octopus, Jimmie. She was out and moving all over. The volunteer tried to let us touch her, but then she became a little too feisty. Last time we went Jimmie was sleeping so it was pretty awesome to see her out and about.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Happy New Year to you!
Lindsay you look great! Just as I remember you!

Tiffany said...

Ah, the fancy cups....I have some of those. Our fancy glasses we got for our wedding and I don't believe they've ever made it out of the cupboard! They are pretty though! I'll have to keep the marine place in mind as an outing for once Tristan gets older...I didn't even know about it!

Tami said...

Anna and Catherine have the same sweaters, I see. We love the Marine Science Center. Love your blog music and the new look. Glad to be getting around to the blogs again.