Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dreaming of Spring

Despite the chilly weather, today is one of those beautiful clear winter days that gives me an ounce of hope that spring is not too far off. I find myself gazing out the window into the sunshine and imagining about 30 degrees warmer weather on a late spring day when my sweet peas are just about ready to bloom. I love sweet peas for their many colors, their smell, and the fact that the more you pick, the more they bloom. Only about a month til I buy the seed packet and start them indoors. Spring is really not too far off, is it?
One can dream.....

4 comments:

Angela said...

I am so with you on that! I can't wait until we can play outside. It was 11 degrees here this morning and I still think it is under 20. BRRRRRR!

Anonymous said...

I am with you as well! I was out in the yard today while the kids were riding scooters and we were all trying to stay warm (sunny but windy and COLD!) I walked around the front yard and started thinking about getting spring plants and flowers. I love when that day comes...it's a ways off but I'm excited!

Christi said...

Teach me, master gardener.

Christy. said...

It was so beautiful yesterday, wasn't it? Such a change to today!!!