Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It is (just about) finished

Anna's new and improved big girl room is just about finished. We stayed with the same color theme so everything matches, but we did give the walls a fresh coat of paint and changed them from a light green to a very soft pink, called "slipper". It is ever so girly and was very fun for me to pour all my love for pink, feminine, shabby chic into one room. I was given so many of the items for her room, I really spent very little money, but it all came together. Here it is.....
My dad made the picket fence headboard for my niece and now she's now 10 and isn't using it, so we are borrowing it for Anna's room for a while. My other niece who's 14 gave Anna this nightstand. The framed picture above her bed was stiched by my grandma and my parents had it framed for Anna's room before she was born.
Here is Anna's special rocker that she likes to sit and look at books in and rock her babies. Ama made a slip cover for it and gave it to her as a 1st bday present.

A little bookshelf in the corner. I love the antique lamp, it was in my room growing up, and the corner shelf was also my grandma's and I painted it pink.

This is not new, she has had it in her room all along, but I love it. Craig's parents custom made this shelf to go above her window.
Her simple dresser and accesories above. I found the miniture white hutch at the Assistants League in Salem for $7. And my mom-in-law gave me the metal shelf abover her dresser, which I painted pink as well.
And the post wouldn't be comeplete without a picture of the big girl asleep in her bed. She loved her new bed and was really excited to sleep in it the first night.
I am still seraching for the perfect sign to put above the wall on the side of her bed. I want to find something that matches and says, "thank heaven for little girls". I found a regular fabric shower cutain at Goodwill for $3 in great condition that is a light green background with pink floral desing and matches perfectly. I am planning on hanging it as her closet door since we have been without closet door in the kids rooms for years. I just need to buy a rod to hang it from.
So there you have it, the almost finished project!


8 comments:

Angela said...

It looks great I love it!

Ona said...

Love the little picket fence headboard. You did a wonderful job decorating.

Tiffany said...

I like it all! A girlie girl's room like no other! I have already been fantasizing about what I'll do in Tristan's room in a few years when he outgrows the "baby" of it all and something more boyish is called for...

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful and girly and perfect for a young lady! I love all the special touches and where each piece came from. Ok, I love that you have a place nearby that you can by a dresser for $7????? That is so up my alley. Anna looks like she approves of her big girl room--can't believe it how big she's getting.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I should have re-read your comments BEFORE I posted :-)...the miniature white hutch for $7 is awesome. I would have been more impressed if you had been able to find a dresser for that price ;-)!

Valorie Leonard said...

What a lucky little girl! I love her room.

Christi said...

Soooo special...I loved hearing about all the little details and where you got everything.

Kristen said...

So cute Lindsay!! You have a great decorating eye!! I have none whatsoever, so I always admire those who can do what you do :)