Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Just for fun...

Copying this Christmas Survey from Alysun's and Angela's blog. Post in on yours!!



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually wrapping paper, especially for the kids stuff.



2. Real tree or artificial? Real, love the smell



3. When do you put up the tree? Sometimes right after Thanksgiving, sometimes we wait til the next weekend.



4. When do you take the tree down? A few days after Christmas, for sure by New Years



5. Do you like egg nog? No, it gags me. But Craig does so I usually buy a small carton.



6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Barbie Head---you know the kind where you do her hair and make-up



7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a soft one for the kids to play with. I love it.



8. Hardest person to buy for? probably brother-in-laws, so Craig's in charge of that



9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom.



10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. For sure.



11 . Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My grandma was always giving me and my sister's her old shirts. Some of them had stains or dried food on them. Ya, it was that bad.



12. Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. EVERY time I watch it I crack up.



13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start thinking about around October and I do a good 75% of my shopping the day after Thanksgiving.



14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.



15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies, fudge....I'm all about the Christmas baking. Oh, and peppermint mochas. So yummy this time of year.



16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear



17. Favorite Christmas song? I have so many, but I will say “Mary Did You Know?”



18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Vancouver to celebrate with Craig's fam, Salem on Christmas Eve, just home on Christmas Day.



19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? I would venture to say I could come close. I just read the kids that book last night.



20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel, but it is really dorky so I think we are switching to a star next year.



21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up both Craig and I did the Christmas Eve thing. We do Christmas morning with our kids, as a family.



22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People get stressed out....relax already, It's Christmas for goodness sakes! (kind of talking to myself here)



23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have a huge mish-mash, lots of Craig's ornaments from when he was a kid, and I love snowmen, so we have a few of those....we also have sand dollars, a few birdhouses, and stars.



24. Favorite part of Christmas dinner? We have never done a full "dinner" for Christmas. My dad makes his famous Clam chowder and crabbies (crab meat, cheese, red onions melted on buns....to die for!) stuffed mushrooms, and lots of other "snackies".



25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Great memories.



26. Gift Cards. Yes, I like them, or No, too impersonal? They are great!



27. If yes, where from? If No, best place to shop for your present? Craft Warehouse, Spencers Alley



28. Any plans for New Years? None, other than kissing my husband at midnight.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Grandpa's old shirts!!!! Yikes!!!
Very funny!
And pretty sure I will be at your house for Christmas dinner that sounds so good!

Ona said...

Hi, I found you through some blogs and realized I knew you. I went to high school with you. I think you were friends with my sister-in-law Janell Wolcott. I married her older brother Dave. You have a beautiful family and you are just as adorable as you were in high school.