Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Update

It's been a while, so here is an update of the Button happenings....

Anna continues to climb out of her crib on occasion, but not everytime. I have even left her side rail down, just in case and she stayed in (go figure!) but I think the transistion to big girl bed is in the semi-near furture.

But......not until after out annual hunting trip we are getting ready for this week. This morning Wyatt and Anna and I went out to a fellow teacher's house and picked fresh Golden Delicious apples off their tree. We filled a whole grocery sack which we will take hunting and enjoy in the great outdoors. I couldn't resist eating one on our drive home though....mmmm....it was cool crisp and sweet with a hint of tartness....even as I type my mouth is starting to water again. It was really good! Amazing how I can get so excited oven an apple.

The kids are getting so excited about our hunting/camping trip, and so am I. Fall is here and I am starting to get in the groove and really enjoy the season. These sunny afternoons are the best, but I hear they aren't sticking around for long. Ahh well.

On another side note.....the past week or so Will has been dealing with a girl at school who chases him on the playground. I guess I sort of remeber those days but as a mom I was just NOT prepared for this in 1st grade! So yesterday I pick him up and he gets in the car and says...."mom, guess what....the girl kissed me.....TWICE!" Come to find out it was just on the cheek (whew!) and he was running to get away from her, but she somehow managed to plant a couple on him. He told his teacher, which I was really happy about, and the girl ended up getting a referral. We talked for a long time about what to do, etc. (and I reminded him that the only girls allowed to kiss him are his mom and his baby sister.....which sounds like such a MOM comment, I know, but hey, it's true!). And the thing I loved was how open he was about talking to me and Craig about it. It will be interesting to find out what went on today.

Sometimes I just feel so bewildered about the fact that my kids are growing and this is all uncharted territory for me. But I just pray God will give me the right things to say and do. It's scary, but with the Lord, it's all ok!

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

Ahh! Only God can give us the wisdom as the "issues" get more difficult. It is a good reminder when I am in the trenches with my tantruming-2-year-old and breast-feeding newborn that "this too shall pass" and some day soon I will be facing something even harder -- real life and BOYS!