Friday, September 07, 2007

A Good Read

I am almost finished reading Too Small To Ignore: Why the Least of These Matters Most, and felt compelled to put it out there since I have really enjoyed this book. First of all, I typically read fiction books, so this was a little new for me, but my mom loaned it to me, so I gave it a try. I was hooked from the first chapter. It is written by Dr. Wess Stafford, the President and CEO of Compassion International. The back cover reads....."The leader of Compassion International shares his inspiring boyhood adventures growing up in an African village and challenges us all to change the world one child at a time". Being a mom, many of my priorities are based on my children's well-being, and the well being of children around me, especially in the church body. In my opinion, they need to be one of our greatest priorities in the church. This book really re-enforced some of my beliefs as well as shed some new light on things for me. I was very intrigued by his stories of growing up in Africa. And they weren't all pleasant stories as you will find out if you read the book. I would really encourage you to check it out. Dr. Stafford has overcome some HUGE and HORRIFIC experiences and is a true testimony to the love and grace of God. It is a pretty quick and easy read, with big impact, and I think you will enjoy it!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I will check it out! Thanks--I love good book reviews.