Tuesday, October 21, 2008

crashed

Monday's are early release days for Will so he gets out at 1:40. I love having a longer afternoon at home with the kids, but it sure messes with Anna's nap schedule. Sometimes I put her down a little early and she squeezes in a nap before we leave. Or sometimes she'll fall asleep in the car for a bit if we have to run into town after picking him up. But yesterday her and Wyatt were playing well together and time got away from me, so I never put her down for a nap. Craig had to ref a volleyball game and then go straight into Salem so he wouldn't be home til late, anyway. So, I decided to let her skip the nap and put them all to bed early and have a night of peace and quiet to sit on the couch and read my book. Around 4:00 I came out to the family room where the 3 were watching a cartoon and found this.......
She likes to lay under the coffee table and watch TV....
But apparently she is not quite ready to give up her naps!
My plan didn't work out like I'd hoped. While the boys watched TV and banged around on the piano....Anna slept. I woke her up around 5:00 and she was crabby! She's one of those kids who I try to avoid waking up from a nap! So, much for my quiet evening with kids in bed at 7:00. She finally fell asleep around 8:30 or so. But I did get some cute pictures of my sleeping beauty!
Better luck next Monday!

4 comments:

Aly sun said...

Oh, the best laid plans. I have them all the time. It's like the children read our minds. Like how I always plan trips to see my parents over the girls' nap time so they will sleep in the car and they never do...

Christy. said...

Oh, what a cutie!
Sorry I haven't posted a comment lately, I do still read!
I have been reading WAY too many blogs. Lots of Ethiopia adoption blogs since we are praying about doing that.
Yeah, don't you hate it when the guys don't turn the wipers on when you obviously can't see out the window and then they don't turn them off when the rain stops? :0)

Kristen said...

It's just precious when they do that, even though it does mess up your plans. That happened many times with my daughter...usually just after she swore she was not tired :)

Angela said...

That is perfect! She is such a mini me of you! Just adorable!