Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Hunting 2008

Spending time with family
enjoying God's wonderful creation






camping out in a warm trailer while it rained
rejoicing when the sun came out
crawling through a culvert


Discovering a natural "root wall" and making it to the top




splashing in mud puddles
catching frogs in the creek



taking turns riding the quads
no buck for Craig....but
2 for the camp
watching my kids enjoy nature and being together as a family
carrying on a tradition that lives in Craig's heart












And I couldn't resist a flashback from 4, yes that's 4 years ago, same time, same place!

We are home. I am on my 7th load of laundry. I've washed my hair three times and it still smells like a campfire.

But it was all worth it!

5 comments:

Aly sun said...

The flashback pic of the boys is really sweet. Time changes things and babies become little boys. The camping trip looks like great fun because of all your positive thoughts -- even in the rain.

Valorie Leonard said...

Oh what fun!

KLB said...

Looks like you had a great time. Daniel and I are so excited to start camping with our family. Sorry to hear about no buck. Daniel is starting to hunt to. I see Camo all the time now!

Elaine said...

BJ is so jealous! Looks like you had a great time. Don't you LOVE the laundry after a camping trip? :)

Christi said...

I would have never guessed in high school that you would go on annual hunting trips, but you've done it and now you are a pro. Man, your kids are going to have the BEST memories. That last pic really reminds me of my boys.