Friday, October 03, 2008

Company Girl Coffee: Mission Statement

I have been following Rachel Anne's blog Home Sanctuary for some time now, but I wasn't around back at the beginning of the year when she wrote about a Housekeeping Mission Statement. She revisited that idea this week and I thought it was great. I am constantly feeling bogged down with everything that needs to get accomplished in a day, and was in need of some perspective. I wrote out words and phrases that were important to me and then pulled it all together to create a Button Housekeeping Mission statement:

Our home will be a refuge. A place with a balance of fun and laughter, peace and order. A place where everyone feels safe and loved.
Our home will not be picture perfect, but it will be inviting to others. I will let go of my needs for perfection and work toward a home that is livable and functional. Our home will be full of things we love so that the people I love can grow and thrive.
I will make it a goal to give my children tasks and teach them the importance of working together as a family to help our home run like a well oiled machine.
Lastly, our home will be filled with prayer and the direction of the holy Spirit.
If you make the Most High your dwelling- even the Lord, who is my refuge- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; ~Psalm 91:9-11

So there's my new perspective for the amazing and wonderful job I have. My next goal is to print if off and post it. Visit Home Sanctuary for more ideas and try your own Mission Statement!


8 comments:

Erin said...

As a fellow stay-at-home mom I know what you mean by feeling bogged down. Reminding myself why I clean the house, fold the laundry, even sewing on those Awana patches helps to complete the task with a cheerful heart.

Christi said...

I just took a quick break from my cleaning scramble today to check out your blog. Sometimes I get all this so unnecessary anxiety as I'm trying to clean quickly. I have to constantly remember what is most important - I think I'll post a mission statement too...that is a great idea.

Aly sun said...

Great idea. Your ideal home sounds amazing. The times I've been in your home, I've felt very comfortable -- just like your mission statement. You do a good job.

Forgetfulone said...

That is a fantastic mission statement! So much better than mine. But, I do what I can.

Nice to meet another company girl!

Rachel Anne said...

"A place where everyone feels safe and loved..." you hit the nail on the head. I think that's what creating sanctuary is all about! When you feel safe and loved you are free to be who you are created to be.

I like the scripture at the end...great promise to stand on!

Thanks for the coffee...sorry it took me until Sunday to stop in...women's retreat and no sleeep!

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

I'm new to Rachel Anne's "sanctuary." Love the idea! And I love the idea of a mission statement. Your's is something to aspire to...
PERFECT Scripture reference!

Carol said...

Love your mission statement. I have been on both ends...a working mom and a stay at home mom. Both are incredibly hard and very rewarding. I have yet to master either one. Maybe by the time my kids leave home?

mholgate said...

That's a great mission statement! I'm still working on mine. I've really struggled with it. I don't know why. I guess because other than the "safehaven where my husband and children feel nurtured," it is ever changing. : )

Blessings!