Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The costume saga...

Wyatt is an imaginative and creative child and he really likes to do things "outside the box". So coming up with a Halloween costume he's happy with seems like a saga every year. We have half a dozen costumes here at home that he could choose from, but like I said he has his own ideas. His first one was an artist. I thought that could be doable but Craig wasn't real excited about his son wearing a beret and Wyatt quickly moved on with his ideas, anyway. Since then he has suggested:

The statue of liberty (cute idea, but she's a girl)
St. Patrick
A yodeler (I'm not kidding, he begged on this one saying he really wanted to wear knickers and a purple vest)
A person from China
A Duke or Knight or Prince (but once he's heard that Anna was really excited about him being a prince he changed his mind)

Our most current idea was a mouse, more specifically fieval (sp?) the mouse from An American Tale. I tried making him a mouse costume by sewing felt ears on a gray hooded sweatshirt....but then I realized fieval wears clothes and hat....so would anyone be able to tell what he was?? It just wasn't working out for me and I need simple this year.

I think I have finally convinced him to be a ninja (a costume from our trunk). I just hope he can stay convinced of that idea for another two days!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

We've had the same struggle at our house! Carson really wanted to be a dinosaur, but had very specific ideas about it. He wanted it to be a Utah Raptor, which kind of looks like a T-Rex, but it has these killer claws on his toes, and he wanted it to look SO real life and I just couldn't figure out how to make it look the way he had in his mind.....so I think we've convinced him to wear this Robinhood costume I made for him to play in about a year ago, and he is pretty happy with that as long as he can bring his bow and arrow, so he appears more "scary". So funny. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Elaine said...

Wyatt sounds like a lot of fun. I bet he and my Jesse would have a great time together!
I meant to tell you on your last post, but I think the bag you made is really cute. I wish I could hang with you and learn more crafting skills! :)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

you've gotta love his creativity and desire to think outside the box. i think statue of liberaty could work, she's a bit on the masculine side:0)

Christi said...

What a lovable trait that is! He is so special.