Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fresh Produce, Home Projects &Taking a Break

These past two weeks my life has been threatened to be overcome by a multitude of fresh produce. I, however, have not been easily subdued.
All that fresh produce has led to things such as this:
As well as this:
Craig has spend his last two weeks working on projects around the house like this:
Painting our bathroom a new shade of green (and I finally framed the photos Jessie took last summer!)
Also, this...
Tearing down our old metal patio cover and bulding this new white, light, and beautiful one with his own two hands.
And (not pictured) taking EVERYTHING out of our shop/ laundry room, painting the whole area, including the cabinets, building new shelving, and finally, re-organizing everything!
So, Saturday we took a break from our projects and hit the beach with one of our favorite families.
It was fun making time for things like this:
And, of course, this.

Then coming home for this:

And all this, cuteness....
A little bit of this
And (what else???) more of this.
So, after a much needed break, I'm now planning on tackling this
And these.

Wish me luck!










5 comments:

lori said...

That is an astounding array of vegetation you have "put up." I posted recently about my first canning project - cherries. I can only imagine how I'll feel when I can can shelf-fuls like you. I have only used the hot water bath so far but will graduate to the real pressure cooker another season.

Way to go on the home projects, Craig. Woo hoo! They look real nice.

The picture of Anna and her little friend in front of the sand castles is adorable. And I chose one picture to click on and blow up - of the kids eating at the table - and I learned so much. The little guy at the far right has a walkie talkie. Interesting. Also, is Will wearing a cape?!

Looks like fun summer times!

Christi said...

I love you, my domestic friend! Those pictures just make me feel all worm and fuzzy :)

Aly sun said...

All of summer's bounty can be exhausting. I'm tacking pears and apples next. And maybe tomatoes. Keep up the good work!

Kelly said...

Lindsay, all that produce is beautiful and beautifully canned! It feels so good to get projects completed.

KLB said...

Ok!! I am making it my goal to learn how to can next summer! any tips??