Monday, February 09, 2009

I wanna cook with you mom...

(nice "smile" Anna!)

Cooking with mom can be anything from stirring pudding, putting dollops of whipped cream on the top of the pudding (and sneaking licks off the spoon), to dividing out fruits and veggies onto lunch plates. It can mean topping sandwiches with bread, adding forks and spoons to plates and carrying things over to the table. See, "cook" has a very different definition to a 3 year old. It can be anything you want it to be! Anna is my little cook in training everyday and it makes me happy to hear her say, "I wanna cook with you mom"



Thank you Ama for the apron you made. She wears it everyday!




3 comments:

Aly sun said...

I have 2 avid chef's assistants. The older one is definitely more help, but it still takes a lot more work to instruct her and let her "help" than just doing it myself. The baby is just hazardous in the kitchen, but she doesn't want to be anywhere else when there is cooking to be done. Although trying on the mommy's patience, our little ones are gaining valuable skills. Cute picture.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

your perspective is refreshing. i so often sigh deeply and continue on as though i don't need any help because the extra time required seems overwhelming. but to a three/four/or six year old, it can mean memorable moments at mom's side.

Elaine said...

That is so cute! My three year old, Justin, always wants to help me too. (But mostly he just wants a bite of dough!)