Monday, May 21, 2007

My latest project....


Here is a picture of my latest project. It is a rag quilt I made for my friend Jessie's baby girl who is due in September. She was "home" from Connecticut visiting her family and I went to her shower Saturday. I had fun catching up with a few old college friends who I hadn't seen in a long time. I love the nursery colors she picked out and I had so much fun making this quilt. It is so rewarding to get it out of the washer and dryer and see the finished fuzzy and frayed project. They are pretty simple (and very forgiving for a non-perfectionist like me!) and make the coziest quilts. My next project will be a twin size quilt for Anna's bed.....since, yes, she has climbed out a few other times this week. I'm draggin my feet ont his big girl bed thing. Partly because she is my last, partly because I think it will mean more work for me initially. But, it's gotta happen sometime, so I better get busy sewing!

4 comments:

Christi said...

That is so cool! You have to teach me how to do that sometime!

Aly sun said...

Beautiful! I have done a few quilts like this and love the wash/dry results. There is a pattern for rag quilts in the shape of animals (Simplicity I think) that is really fun for when you are done with Anna's project.

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

You really have to teach me how to make one of these. It is so beautiful! Seriously. Teach me.

Tami said...

Yea, that is so cute--I love rag quilts--I made some burp rags that from flannel with the ragged edges, but still want to try the quilt sometime.

Cate climbed out of her crib a few months ago and hurt herself--now she is too scared to try it again. So, now, at 25 months she's still in it. She is jumping so high on the bouncy mattress, though, that it won't be long before she falls out again! I'm holding out for 36 months!