Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fun Summer Activity #4: Beach Camping

Along with clam digging, bike rides, and eating scones around the campfire, not much beats the beauty of the coast. My parents camped next to us and we had a blast. It was over way too soon!
Here's the gang in Cannon Beach right after a tasty lunch at Mo's!
We stopped to play at Hug Point and my mom and I couldn't get over how much this lady looked like her dog. Not a great picture, as I was trying to be discreet. But it still makes me laugh.
Wyatt loves those waves, and being silly.


And mom has a tradition of making scones on the fire in lieu of s'mores. All you need is a store bought scone mix, these handy sandwich/scone makers, butter, and her incredible raspberry jam, and you get....



This! Can you say yummy?







5 comments:

KLB said...

What fun! Daniel and I want to go camping, but I am nervous to go with an 18 month old.
The scones look delicious!

Christi said...

Hahaha...laughing about the lady and her dog!

And Pam's scones, those look amazing.

Elaine said...

What a fun trip! Do you guys camp in your trailer often?

I didn't know you could cook scones over a campfire. I will have to try it sometime. :)

Aly sun said...

My MIL is famous for cooking anything and everything over the fire, but we've never done scones. Great idea! Last time we went she showed us how to make a hard-boiled egg in a paper cup full of water over the flames. Your camping trip looks like a lot of fun.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

beach camping...that does sound fun. and sandy:0)