Friday, January 30, 2009

Leftovers

Leftovers can be a good things. I try and eat up our leftover dinners about once a week. Easy dinner night for me, and it keeps my fridge clear of all those Rubbermaid containers. Leftovers in the laundry basket are another matter. I have a continual cycle of leftover socks at my house. Here they sit in the bottom of the basket, and as I pull fresh clothes from the dryer the socks get buried beneath hoping to be matched up and rescued.
It happened twice today. Two socks in the bottom of my basket were re-united with their mate and now lay snug in their drawer. But the others are left, wondering when it might be their turn?
I know that if I toss them, I'll only end up with more. So here they'll stay, inevitably. Looks like I'm stuck with these leftovers for awhile.

3 comments:

Cooking with Big E said...

For some reason I only seem to lose Ethan's socks in the wash. He's got like half a dozen socks without a match right now that I keep holding on to in the vain hope that they'll show up some day. Of course he's probably outgrown them by now!

Aly sun said...

My husband told me this would never happen if I would always include both socks in a pair in the same load of laundry. Brilliant man. Why isn't he doing laundry? I have WAY more mismatched socks that you do... and life goes on. There has to be a use for them. Maybe stuff a pillow or of make sock puppets for all of Dallas or clothe some needy African kids who don't care if they match... the possibilities are as endless as my mismatched sock pile.

KLB said...

sound like you have a bad case of the sock monster! At least all of the underwear are where they need to be!!