Monday, November 03, 2008

The worlds easiest cookie recipe


My friend, McKenzie called me to share this recipe a few weeks back. I finally remembered to buy a can of pumpkin, and had stocked up on $.59 cake mixes from Safeway this week. So I tried it and they turned out pretty good.


1 boxed cake mix

1 small can (15oz) pumpkin
That's all!


Beat together with mixer and drop by tablespoons on greased cookie sheet or Silpat. Bake at 375 for about 9-10 minutes.


I used a yellow cake mix and added chocolate chunks. I didn't have any chocolate chips on hand but I had a bunch of mini chocolate bars from Halloween that I chopped up and threw in. Which could very well make them not only the easiest cookies but the cheapest, too. I think they'd be good without the chocolate and with a generous shaking of cinnamon. Or use a chocolate cake mix to disguise the pumpkin from your kids.


My kids gobbled them down. Wyatt loved them so much he named them "Dream Cookies" so I guess that's what they will be called around here. I justify "Dream Cookies" as a good way to get your veggies. Or wait, I think pumpkin is a fruit. Oh, well.
They made my house smell good!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I LOVE these types of recipes! Thanks for sharing!!

Michelle said...

We usually use this recipe to make muffins with chocolate cake mix & pumpkin! I like the cookie idea though, too! So easy, isn't it?

Angela said...

I am definelty trying this!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, these sound so good! I'll have to try these soon!

LizzyG said...

Now, that's my kind of recipe! As picky as my kids are, I would definitely have to go with the chocolate cake mix though!

Ona said...

Yummy...I will be making these real soon.

Aly sun said...

Sounds good. I will try it with the cinnamon I think.

Christi said...

Dream cookies?...he's so funny. I'm going to have to try it just cause of the name.

simplykersh said...

Sounds good, another great easy cookie is 1 Cup Peanut Butter, 1 Egg, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 Tbs of Vanilla. Mix together (it is very sticky) and drop on to a cookie sheet bake at 350 until done (about 10 min. I think!). This is great if you have any allergies in the family because it is lactose and gluten free, plus it only makes about a dozen so you aren't tempted to eat a ton! Enjoy!