Thursday, November 13, 2008

This is my "new" red table. It was free because I spotted it in my in-laws garage and asked if I could have it. For nearly a year it had a white cracked coat of paint on top with black showing through. I liked it. I thought it added to my miss-matched, shabby-chic, kid friendly home. And I didn't have to worry about nicks, scratches or permanent black sharpie. Those all just added to it's "character". But I'm guessing other people just thought it looked like a crappy, paint chipped table. So I finally decided on a color...."ready to dance" red. Craig, my painter, put 7 coats of paint on this baby and two coats of sealer.
It turned out really nice and adds a good amount of color to our kitchen/dining area. I used to like to say I had a yellow, red and blue kitchen. But in all actuality the only red I had in my kitchen was this red bowl, which was my inspiration color for my red table. Now I can honestly say I have a yellow, red and blue kitchen.
Speaking of bowls....these are my fruit bowls and they are one my most prized possessions. They are something I really wanted but would never buy for myself because they are expensive and frivolous, but a good friend of ours knew I liked them and surprised me with them. So nice! Tuesday afternoon I went grocery shopping and filled these with produce. About 10-12 apples, 6 pears, and a big bunch of bananas. Today, less than 48 hours later there are two pears and two apples left! Does anyone else constantly hear, "mom, I'm hungry??" I feed my kids, I tell you but they devour this fruit.


On, another note. I cut bangs. I was getting frustrated with my hair, and have no patience so I grabbed my scissors and went to town. I'm liking them, but It's always a little awkward to have to explain to my hairdresser next time I go in that yes, it was me who tried to cut my hair and not some ill-trained professional.




And last, but not least. I had this great idea to video the kids doing something cute at the new red table. I must have taken 10 out-takes, deleting them, and I finally just decided to stop with this one. One of my problems was trying to manufacture the spontaneous cuteness, another was I only have 30 something seconds on my memory card to record something. But this one turned out a little humorous as Anna "christened" the new red table with water, and then she gets really distracted, and the time runs out. Note: notice how nicely it beads up on the new table.

Enjoy! :)


7 comments:

Ona said...

You are a doll...love the bangs!

Aly sun said...

The bangs look really nice on you. I also love the red table. My red table only has 3 coats of paint and no sealer. It is already quite distressed after 6 months. Glad you have a good painter in the house.

Aly sun said...

I just clicked on your friend Angela's blog and then went to a photographer's site and who should I see pictures of but a friend my husband went to HS with and now live in NE OR. Blogging makes the world smaller.

Angela said...

You my friend are beautiful! And LOVE the red table!!!

Mindi said...

Ok, so I seriously can't wait for the day when Boone is old enough to spill water, look over the side of the table at it, and then poke a finger to play in it. Anna made me smile so big- your kids are so cute! Love the bowls, too. I have a fetish with old, thick bowls like that. I only have 1 set, but us 3 girls are dueling over who gets my mom's prized bowl when she dies...it's SO old- like her great grandma's mom or something had it....

Mindi said...

Ok, so I seriously can't wait for the day when Boone is old enough to spill water, look over the side of the table at it, and then poke a finger to play in it. Anna made me smile so big- your kids are so cute! Love the bowls, too. I have a fetish with old, thick bowls like that. I only have 1 set, but us 3 girls are dueling over who gets my mom's prized bowl when she dies...it's SO old- like her great grandma's mom or something had it....

KLB said...

I love the red table, and the hair looks fabulous!