Friday, June 20, 2008

Going on a blogging break

Hello friends and blog readers!

This will be my last entry for a while. I hope to be back to blogging in a few weeks or so, but I can't say exactly when. Blogging is something I love and I've made so many connections with all of ya, I hate to leave, however I feel inspired to do so, for now. (I will still check my favorite blogs from time to time!)

The beginning of summer is somewhat like the start of a new year for me. I have so many goals on my to-do list, including:

Finish our playroom

Work on crafty projects

Make Jam

Lose 10 pounds

Do more spontaneous outings with my kids

Sew

Catch up scrapbooks

Just to name a few.

To put myself in a somewhat vulnerable spot here, I also have been really struggling with migraine headaches. It is nothing new to me. I have been getting then since I was about 14. Lately they have been very difficult and I don't know why, but I feel like the Lord is going to teach me something through all of this. I would so appreciate your prayers!! I need a little time to focus on myself, my family, my schedule, and most important, my Lord. Today I was pretty broken and found myself looking up verse after verse for encouragement. So I'll leave you with a few promises from God's word that spoke to me. And a picture that Will took :)

HAPPY SUMMER!!


"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God." ~Isaiah 43:1b-3a

"I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." ~Ezekiel 36: 25 & 26

Let is draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. ~Hebrews 10:22


8 comments:

Aly sun said...

Girl, I am really, really going to miss you!

I understand your need for a break and will look forward to your return -- refreshed and renewed (and hopefully plenty of before and after pictures!)

Tiffany said...

I do hope you enjoy your blog break. Sometimes we all need one. It can take up quite a bit of free time. Enjoy getting your to-do list done and I'll be in your cheerleading corner for the migranes to vamoos!

Christi said...

Good call. I will of course miss hearing about your daily stuff of life, but you gotta do the MOST important things for yourself and your fam.

I really want to catch up on scrapbooks too. It's so hard right now cause it's about 9:30 by the time I finally get everyone to bed and then I'm exhausted myself.

Praying for your migraines to go away.

Angela said...

Oh I will be praying for you! You have an awesome break!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I trust your heart and know that God will bless you through this time. I will pray about your migraines! I, too, am going on a blogging break and was so surprised to see that you were as well. Have a wonderful summer. God bless you and your family and all the memories you make in the coming weeks.

Christy. said...

I hope you get all your to do things done. Hang in there with your migraines.
I can't wait to get an update when you are back....

Peters Family Farms said...

praying for your pains

Stefanie said...

Lindsay,

I totally agree with your decision - it sounds very healthy. I have been pondering a no tv rule this summer...

I'll say a prayer for you and your headaches especially.

Take care and have fun with your kids,

Stefanie