Wednesday, June 04, 2008

First Grade is Finished

I am so ready for summer, so why is it that when I write that it brings a lump to my throat?

Maybe because of this:
The three enjoying donuts at the Safeway Starbucks this morning before school. The Barista surprised them with strawberry smoothies! She is so nice. If you are local, you know who I'm talking about :)
Is it really the last day of school allready??
Or maybe that lump in my throat is because of this:

One the THE GREATEST teachers (and friends) ever, Mrs. W. She loves our family like her own and goes above and beyond for all her students. We were so blessed to have her this year.

Can it really be over??

Yes, it is. And I better get used to the idea!

I just have to say that I am amazed by all the growth I've seen in Will this year. He has especially enjoyed learning to read. In fact when I asked him what he liked best about Mrs. W. he said, "she teaches us to read, and I love reading!" Ahhhh, a boy after my heart. The highlight of this past week was getting him his very own library card. He is so excited to use it to check out his own books this summer and continue reading.

Last day of school! Hoorah! Hooray!


4 comments:

Angela said...

Oh man summer here you come!

And don't you just love it when your kids have amazing teachers!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i completely understand that lump in your throat....

Ona said...

That was so sweet of the Barista. My oldest is finishing first grade too. I just can't believe how fast they grow.

Christi said...

What a sweet picture of Will with his teacher.

And that lump in the throat...I know I'll be feeling that too all too soon.