Thursday, June 19, 2008

Settling into summer

Some OMSI pics.....




Well, it's been two weeks since Will and Craig got out of school and we are starting to settle into summer. The kids are staying up later, and sleeping in a little more, and I am loving these relaxed mornings without having to get the three out the door by 7:45. Craig is keeping busy with lots of odd jobs before he starts painting houses in July and the last three days he did some work for my Aunt Linda in Portland. Tuesday evening my aunt welcomed the kids and I and we all headed up to see Daddy and have a slumber party. Wednesday morning I took the kids to OMSI and we had such a fun day. I was a little nervous doing something so spontaneous by myself with the kiddos, but they did great. They would have been pleased with just driving around Portland looking at all of the tall buildings and the beautiful riverfront, so OMSI was a big treat. The dinosaur exhibit is really neat, but the majority of our time was spent in the science playground where the boys played in these chipmunk costumes for about an hour! Anna favorites were the sand pit the water toys. We could have easily spent all day there, but Anna was melting around 1:00 so we headed back home.
I am enjoying every minute of summertime. It's already going by way too fast!

No comments: