Saturday, April 07, 2007

The smell of sunscreen




Friday was the first day this year I lathered my fair skin kiddos with sunscreen before heading outside. Man, after popping open the pink coppertone bottle and rubbing them down, I was immediately brought back to swimming lessons, drippy sticky popsicles, flip flops, picking warm tomatoes and raspberries, feeling the warmth of the sun in my bones, and squinting in it's brightness. All things I love about summer. Amazing how a smell can evoke all sorts of memories. For me, the "looking forward to" part is just about as good as getting there. I love anticipation. I think that is why spring is my most favorite season, (summer being a CLOSE second).

Today the showers are back, but in these hit and miss days of spring, I still have all the memories from the smell of sunscreen.

How did you spend your sunshiney day?

1 comment:

Christi said...

Our boys ran through the sprinklers! I hope Easter is sunny too.